Drag and drop file uploads on EdicyJul 29, 2010
We're really excited about our latest improvement. It lets you drag the files from your computer to Edicy's files panel where they will then get uploaded. Just like that- the way it should have always been.
This new development works while in the file panel found on the bottom toolbar during edit mode and also in full files admin view. To upload a file, just drag it from the desktop to the files area. You will then see it's background turn to blue. The color transformation indicates that the dropped files are ready to be uploaded to your Edicy account.
This is something we wanted to do a long time ago, but it wasn't properly supported by web browsers without requiring users to add third party plugins. Even at the moment, drag and drop uploading works only with the latest versions of Firefox, Google Chrome and Safari. Please keep in mind that this feature is rather experimental so be gentle with us when you find some glitches : )
There are also a number of bugs we've been stomping on recently. A few weeks ago, our team had a three-day workshop where we smashed as many bugs in Edicy as we can. The following features are now improved:
- Drastically improved loading time of certain pages. Your site visitors will appreciate that.
- Added SEO friendly addresses for pages and blog articles that are written using non-latin alphabets.
- Fixed issue with RSS feeds that occasionally caused duplicate articles to appear in the readers.
- Improved displaying pop-ups on text editor toolbar. While opening multiple pop-ups from toolbar, only one remains visible and others hide themselves while still keeping their state.
- Site language editing dialog is now more stable and works better together with the site structure tree.